About Us

Avesis offers a full array of vision care plans tailored to meet the needs of a diversified healthcare employee benefits and Medicaid/Medicare market. Our vision care product lines include stand-alone fully insured programs, ASO contracts, discount plans and turn-key, Private Label solutions.

Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare Health Plans:
Avesis has a growing network of over 25,000 carefully selected, screened and credentialed providers at over 10,000 locations nationwide.

Approximately 68% of our network consists of independent providers. Remaining 32% consist of national and regional chain providers.

How are we different from our competition:
Avesis offers unique plan options designed to fit the needs of any size organization. Our vision plan underwriting is straight forward, accepting groups with as few as 5 participants. All Avesis plans come with a 24 month rate guarantee, which gives our clients comfort in knowing their premiums are fixed for the first two years. Beginning in 2008, all new Avesis plans include a LASIK allowance. This addition to our core benefit gives the Avesis members more value and more choices in maintaining their vision care health.

Our History

Founded in 1978 as NVS, (National Vision Services), we have been refining our business of delivering premium vision and dental care services at substantial discounts and savings to our sponsors and members. Today, we cover more than 5 million members in 50 states and Puerto Rico.

Locations

Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona Avesis has regional offices in:

  • Georgia
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Maryland (Executive Offices)
  • Massachusetts
  • Minnesota
  • Texas

Underwriting Partners

Avesis Insurance Incorporated (in Arizona only)

National Guardian Life

Avesis Incorporated and Avesis Third Party Administrators, Inc. administer the programs for its underwriting partners and do not directly market or sell its insurance products through this website.